Fast-growing traditional choir seeking Junior Coordinator
Are you a driven young and passionate person looking to enter a vibrant team? Look no further, as Isibane Se Afrika’s team is growing - providing the perfect career opportunity for someone who wish to combine their excellent admin skills, fine eye for detail, passion for African music and desire to be involved in a project that truly matters.
Who are we:
Signing, dancing and performing is what makes us light up! Founded in the Cape Town township of Khayelitsha, Isibane se Afrika founder, Andisiwe, created a safe space for the youth to express themselves after school through music and dance. It is because of the passion of these members that the choir has grown so much over the last few years. Isibane se Afrika is a registered NGO and all income raised from performances are used to better the lives of those in the community. "Our journey started several years ago with regular visits to V&A Waterfront for busking. With an incredible amount of growth we now do bookings for events, weddings, fundraisers and more! Our team is constantly growing and we are looking for someone that shares our passion and that understands our choir to fill our Coordinator role,” says Andisiwe.
Who are we looking for:
We are seeking someone to help with daily tasks. This position will include tasks like the handling of bookings, creating invoices, managing social media platforms and management of the member database. Those tasks will vary daily so a creative and go-getter personality is crucial.
- Driven, self motivated, passionate young individual who is eager to learn.
- We truly value a positive attitude, friendly smile and energetic personality.
- At least 2 years of work experience with excellent computer proficiency.
- Excellent eye for details and sharp organisational skills are critical
- Excellent computer proficiency
- Topnotch attention to detail
- Great organisational
- and time management skills
- Go-getter personality and desire to grow with an exciting group
- Needs to be able to be autonomous and have self-starter mentality
- Great command of English - written and verbal -
At least 2 years working experience
- Knowledge of Xhosa is a bonus
- Knowledge of running a non-profit a major bonus
Roles and responsibilities:
- Handle event bookings
- Create invoice and manage payments for performances
- Manage booking calendar to ensure choir is at the right place at the right time
- Handle the transport schedule to ensure minbus is booked for performances
- Deal with busking signups at the Waterfront
- Manage Isibane social platforms and create regular social media posts
- Attend important performances to ensure it runs smooth and to capture content for social media
- Manage database of member details to ensure it stays current
- Create newsletters and communications to choir donors and benefactors
Competitive and market-related, negotiable based on your skills and experience.
How to apply:
Please send us an email with your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org along with 5 reasons why you think this is the perfect fit for you. We are really excited to receive your application!